Welcome to the famous LDA! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello Members! We need your help to get this place back up and running! If you have an idea feel free to post it in the Suggestions forum. And Thank You so much for being a member here at CDA!
register
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Menu
Top posters
{Divine} Legacy
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! I_vote_lcapPro-Am Single W/PRIZE! I_voting_barPro-Am Single W/PRIZE! I_vote_rcap 
bnds3
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! I_vote_lcapPro-Am Single W/PRIZE! I_voting_barPro-Am Single W/PRIZE! I_vote_rcap 
[finalpain]Alpha
Kalin Kessler
xtremeshun987
AxelCrayne
BlasterDark88
Drago~
magnifiqué
~ Gengar ~
Latest topics
» Hello to those who randomly googled their search history
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby bnds3 Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:03 am

» AHHHHHHH the good times!
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby bnds3 Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 pm

» The good ol' times
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:17 pm

» Void Ruler's Introduction
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby TimShoey Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:17 pm

» Suggestion
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby Void Ruler Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:40 pm

» so r we gonna let this academy die?
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby TimShoey Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:23 pm

» How to contact me
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby xtremeshun987 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:10 pm

» I have a few questions... (more like a lot)
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby xtremeshun987 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:10 pm

» Burn Deck noobs these days...
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby {Divine} Legacy Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:30 pm

» AxelCryne's test results
Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Emptyby BlasterDark88 Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Alliances
Card Of The Month
Yugioh Links
free forum
free forum

Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AxelCrayne

AxelCrayne

Female

Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Empty
PostSubject: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Its that time people, time to start kicking a** and taking life points. Here soon (to be announced), with the approval of the admins, we will be having a pro-am singles tournament that has nothing to do with rankings. This is just a tournament of fun. Below I will list what will most likely go on in this tourney, as well as rules of the event. The prize for this, like I said, with the approval of admins, will be a free pro-built deck, and by pro I mean one of the top duelists here. These are my hopes for this event, and I hope you all will enjoy.
-----------------------
Pro-am?
Yes, its a professional-amateur double singles round. By this, I mean groups, consisting of 1 pro and 1 am with face off with another group.

How will this work?
Very carefully. The way it will be done, is by having a match maker, match up teams based on dorm and test results. Then we will base the admins off of deck construction, and by a pro rating, this means 1 or more admins will have to sit out of the event. Once teams have been made, we will begin matching teams based on sum rating (rating of both players mashed to 1 rating). It will be a bracket type deal. Each match will be a set of singles. Pro1 vs Pro2, pro2 vs am1, pro1 vs am2, am1 vs 2am(tie breaker will be decided at ending point) Each groups pros will go first, then they will face the amateurs, and ending the match with a amateur battle. After each single, the players will record the win or loss, and the life points he/she or the opponent had. Every team will be doing a 2/3 type match, using singles. If it comes to a tie, the losers must try to beat who they lost to. Siding should be done between duels. I dont mean switch cards out and search until you feel your deck is win-worthy. We will have the admin(s) that sit out watch you closely, if your deck is considered way off compared to the original deck, You will be disqualified from the match, now your partner may still be able to move you both through to the next round.

How to advance?
Matches will be scored at the end, for both teams. Will be based on:

Wins (combined out of 5, both players doing 2/3 matches)
1/5= 2pts
2/5= 4pts
3/5= 6pts
4/5= 8pts

Life points(losing team is negative pts):
0-1999= 1 pts
2000-3999= 2 pts
4000-5999= 3 pts
6000-8000= 4pts

Misplays (playing a card that has no use being played):
-1pt for each misplay

Rulings:
In this match, since it is just a fun&games tourney, rulings will not effect score, if you aren't sure on a special summon, or a trap/spell effect, just ask the admin watching the duel. He/she will give the ruling, and the match continues. More than 3 ruling mistakes, and points will have to start being subtracted.
-------------------
RULES.

Here are the rules for the Tournament:

1. No swearing at others. Saying "damn I shouldn't have played that," or something along those lines are fine. Don't direct anger at others. Not following in this rule will result in -500 life points to the aggressor. Next time will be 1500 life points, then its a loss of match, you continue, you and your partner are disqualified. Think before you do.

2. No banned cards. Limited is fine. We will have a list of banned cards from numerous sites and sources. We catch you with one, it is removed from play. You try to use it again, and don't side it out, you will be d.q'd from the match.

3. Limit deck to 50 cards or less in main deck. You can have up to 15 in extra deck, and whatever you can fit in your side deck.

4. DO NOT disrespect event staff. 1 time is a 1000 life point reduction, second time is kick from match, 3rd is dq from tourney.

5. No inappropriate pictures, comments, names. 1st time is warning, there wont be another time. If there is, you are gone from tourney.

6. No gods, or exodia. Thats it, you are caught with it, remove it from play, or dq from match, then tourney.

If any of the rules above seem like they are being over-enforced, or that a rule is being enforced that shouldn't be, then talk to me. I will take it up with the admins, and they will decide what to do. If an admin decides to enforce a rule that shouldnt be, that is there choice. Im just an event manager.

If there are any questions or suggestions about this event, feel free to shoot me a pm, or post a reply. Thank you for your interest!
Back to top Go down
magnifiqué

magnifiqué

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySat May 24, 2014 12:54 am

i'm up for this. only question is when?
Back to top Go down
BlackKryptonite

BlackKryptonite

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySat May 24, 2014 3:21 am

I have a Question for the Gods: Only the classic godcards, or also the Aesir Odin, Thor and Loki too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySat May 24, 2014 1:54 pm

this idea can be tweaked a bit lets not use admins as players we don't have as many as we used to so lets do this teams of red and blue vs yellow and a yellow, blue or red of his choice so reds will be the middle team and can be a partner to either a yellow or a blue or something like that and us admins will be supervisors to you we will handle ruling issues as well
thats all i want just change out us admins to watchers because we would be better as spectators to keep things in order
Back to top Go down
magnifiqué

magnifiqué

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySat May 24, 2014 2:43 pm

the admins as judges sound fair and leaves more room for others to participate
Back to top Go down
AxelCrayne

AxelCrayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySat May 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Yeah, and by pros, i meant high level duelists (yellow), and blue and red as the amateur. If we have more than enough admins, or dont have enough people to match up with the amateurs, then an admin may have to use his/her second or third best deck. That way the others will have a chance. How does everyone feel about the prize, and scoring system. That was one of the problems i was having with this...
Back to top Go down
magnifiqué

magnifiqué

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySun May 25, 2014 4:45 pm

the prize sounds fair. but is there going to be one deck for the winners? and what of those who come in second, third and fourth?.
Back to top Go down
AxelCrayne

AxelCrayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySun May 25, 2014 5:17 pm

no, each member of winning team gets one deck, 2nd place gets a deck remake(edit), and third gets a pat on the back
Back to top Go down
magnifiqué

magnifiqué

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySun May 25, 2014 6:39 pm

well that's a bit harsh. and it'll make us fight harder for top 2
Back to top Go down
bnds3

bnds3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:31 pm

sign me up Axel and one more thing ima winning this!
Back to top Go down
AxelCrayne

AxelCrayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:54 am

Okay bnds, i will put you down, but first, the admin tourneys have to be done.
Back to top Go down
bnds3

bnds3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 12:34 pm

i don't really care, axel I can wait
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:37 pm

As i see it xplosion and any alpha arent qualified to be a duel judge so if you like they may participate lol jk but for real im the only admin/judge because i have a few admin friends if im unsure exspecially with pendulums out now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:40 pm

also as far as prizes go i will add 2500 duel coins to your account if you win
Back to top Go down
bnds3

bnds3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:13 pm

PENDULUMS ARE OUT!?!?!?!?!? oh my stinking gosh you got to be joking dude
Back to top Go down
magnifiqué

magnifiqué

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:10 pm

solemn and bottomless make quick work of pendulums
Back to top Go down
bnds3

bnds3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Don't forget about Dimensional and um..... A card that banishes when something is destroyed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!   Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro-Am Single W/PRIZE!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legendary Duel Academy :: Main Menu :: LDA Feedback-